New look 6567: butterfly jersey dress pattern review

And so it continues, blogging dresses made in the last four years :)
This is a dress made with comfort as its motivation, but style has not been totally sacrificed as it has little red butterflies printed all over its plain navy base colour.
The new look pattern was chosen because I knew I had bought 1.5 metres of this navy cotton jersey and wanted to run up a comfy, soft dress that can be thrown on for work, weekends, travelling, anything that lends itself to comfort really! However having previously attempted to insert zips into jersey dresses with appalling results I wanted one without a zip or waist band that would slip over the head, and so 6567 was chosen based on its long panels running from bodice to skirt. It was the easiest dress I had made in a long time, took a couple of hours, and I would have probably made another but I did not feel it was particularly flattering and was not inspired to try again. It's not unflattering but I have made more flattering frocks on which I will spend my time in future. However, comfort factor, this little number is defo in my top 3 :)

Comments

  1. The dress is lovely on you though got me its the neckline that isn't quite right for you...not sure if you could overdraft the pattern with something else you have had previously - the fit on the actual body of the dress looks good - pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with it on the comfyness factor! Sewing with jersey is pretty new for me but it does seem to be generally a little easier to get a nice fit, thanks to the stretchiness. I agree, the neckline is pretty wide for me as I have small shoulders. Luckily the pattern comes with some neckline variety so if I try it again I'll perhaps try another neckline option :)

      Delete
  2. I agree that the fit is fantastic. If you really feel like doing something about the neckline then perhaps you can add a layer or band* to make the neckline less wide all round? Not that you desperately need to, I really like the dress looks overall.
    (*: or add a lace, something modern looking?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I like the idea of lace, than you! I am rather into collars in a big way, perhaps a lacy one... Not sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment