A frugal chair makeover using floral wrapping paper

My first post!

A frugal chair makeover using floral wrapping paper


<--The before chair (bottom right)

So we had these ugly chairs in our kitchen for far too long...

 As a student I made the wise decision to leave them outside during the glorious English winter (perma-moist) and they were left rather sad looking and flaky. BF complained they were leaving little paint flakes all over nice-new-flats floors. I naturally denied this, but lets face it knew the truth- a makeover was needed.
The beautiful after chair


How I did it:
1. I bought 3 sheets of beautiful floral wrapping paper from Paperchase (total £4.50).

2. I then cut these into strips about 5cm wide (very roughly) and started the messy process of sticking them all over the chair using PVA glue, smoothing with a damp sponge.

3. When it was covered all over I left it to dry before varnishing- 2 coats of hardcore outdoor varnish, I like a smooth finish :)

That’s pretty much it!
If anyone has any more specific questions please don’t hesitate to message me.
Thanks for reading x

Comments