Liberty print parasol dress- Dressmaking project

I adore Liberty prints. Alas, I am also not in the financial position to afford them in any great quantity and so jumped at the chance to buy this beautiful parasol print last summer in the John Lewis sale for a bargain £5.50 a metre. I bought 1.5m and then the problem of choosing what to use a fairly small quantity of beautiful fabric for. I ended up deciding on Simplicity 2549, and adapted it to use the least possible fabric, skirt D and bodice B from the pattern. I had used the pattern before (view A) for a blitz themed fancy dress party and knew it fit well.

When I first completed this dress I for some reason really disliked it and thought the shape was unflattering. This has long since past thanks in no small part to the bf's reassurance that this is actually a lovely frock, fit for prancing around in both summer, and winter. Hope you like, this pattern is well worth a try. I am not sure about the Maxi but adore View A, super flattering and easy to put together, what's not to love :)
Any other incarnations of this trusty pattern? I would love to see ! 


Comments