Retro Butterick Pattern Wish-list


I was thrilled to discover these on my last trip to Fabric Land. I was so excited I have to admit I bought number B5747 and now cannot choose a fabric as I want it to be perfect, look at that beautiful collar! I’m thinking perhaps polka dots to go with the 50’s/60’s theme…
My favourite skirt however must be 5605 and 5748 as they look like they would have a wonderfully fun swing to them to wear. I love the back on 5605 as well, especially view C with the button. I don’t think the photos on the website do any of the patterns justice though I must say as a two minute on-line search turns up lots of gorgeous versions of each dress, far nicer than those on the Butterick website.
Lastly, 4790 excites me as it is, of course, a reissue of the famous ‘Walk-Away’ dress, and with the promise of it being both ‘fast and easy’ I may well be swayed to try this one first… I will try to post my first review when I tackle my first retro pattern.
Happy sewing x
The patterns can be found here: http://butterick.mccall.com/retro-pages-371.php


Comments