One pattern, four dresses! New Look 6068: Part Three

One pattern, four dresses! New Look 6068: Part Three

You can see the other dresses here: Dress OneDress TwoDress Four

This autumn I bought 4 different fabrics in the John Lewis sale, in a variety of autumnal colours. I made a set of four little dresses using my New Look 6068 pattern to wear to both work and play all autumn and winter long. It was fun and I felt like a fashion designer as with the similar shapes/features and colour pallet it sort of felt like as close to creating a 'collection' as I am ever likely to get!

Check back tomorrow for Part Four and my fourth and final dress in the series of four.











This has to be my favourite fabric of the four. Just look at those colours! The flash has made them pretty intense but I can say they are not far off in real life. I think the fabric is Amy Butler, but I could be wrong on that one. It really reminds he of her prints if it isn't, just as it is so vibrant and colourful. This dress also features the cut Peter Pan Collar, but I added the cap sleeve from a different pattern as a cap sleeve was not included in 6068. Again, the pockets are interfaced because I like them like that :)
To stop the skirt from riding up between the legs I added a little hooping to just the front portion of the skirt. It seems to work pretty well, I may be trying that trick again!


Comments