I usually think simplicity patterns are nice, easy to follow beginner patterns. Sigh. Things have changed with 1796.
When I cut out my usual size the dress turned out to be enormous. Not just loose, massive. Getting the dress to fit took some very creative folding and fixing, especially in the shoulder department.A close up on my, erm, creative shoulder fixing. The pretty mismatched buttons are freebies from Mollie Makes.
After my massive shoulder adjeustments the dress came up far too short and so I added this lacy trim to the hem, which I rather like. I also tightened the waist elastic considerably.