Simplicity Cynthia Rowley 2215. Ultimate Twee Outfit: Dressmaking project and pattern review

Here is a project completed at the end of last summer and worn all through the winter. 
However, sadly because of the current horrendous weather it has been cracked out once again. That said, it does put a smile on my face thanks to its twee charm. The dress is Simplicity Cynthia Rowley 2215 which I LOVE as a pattern. Added bonus, the neckline was wide enough for the dress to slip over the head without making button holes. This is also one of the sew dresses I have made which I am pleased with my invisible zip insertion. Proud :D
The blouse is just a shortened version of New Look 6068 which I used a simple cream polka dot cotton for. 
By simply shortening the original dress pattern an A line, loose fitting blouse with a stiff Peter Pan Collar is created


For the dress I used a simple maroon poly blend 'suiting' fabric from Fabricland, which was a snip at £3.50 a meter. The bodice is lined in cotton in a corresponding colour, also from Fabricland. I would definitely recommend both of these patterns. I have yet to try any other Cynthia Rowley patterns, any recomendations? I would love to know what comes up a treat!


A close up of the Peter Pan collar.
These pretty wooden buttons were a bargain from The Bead Shop






Comments