Me Made May 13: Week Three Outfits!

Another week of Me Made May down, I can't believe it where is this year flying to?!
Anyway, not the most pleasant week for me at work as we had an outbreak of a sickness bug and I spent most of the week scrubbing my hands, sending children home and feeling slightly uneasy about touching things in my classroom. 
The weather has also not been great and I have had to result to selfie photos some days as BF has been out at the Fifi awards (the Oscars of the perfume world, I am told!). In addition, on some days due to proximity to vomit I have removed all my clothes as soon as I got through the front door due to fear of germ contamination, and so could not wait for BF to return home to take a photo for me, thus selfie photos ensued. 
But the weekend was nice, with a great Save Our NHS demo on Saturday (pics below), the tacky joy that is Eurovision and a trip to the cinema to see the eagerly anticipated Great Gatsby. If you are a fan of Gatsby style (as I am, I dressed up especially in my me made 20's dress!) I will be soon be blogging about 1920's inspired fashion and sewing, so keep your eyes open!
Without further ado, on with the outfits!

Monday 13th- Work and sewing evening
Me Made Coat: Refashioned from enormous winter coat
Me Made Birdie Dress: New Look 6068
Me Made Handbag: Self drafted pattern
Shoes and Scarf: Primark

Tuesday 14th- Work and Movie Night! Lars and the Real Girl (aw)
(appologies for this terrible photograph, the rain did not stop...)

Me Made Tee: Simplicity 2148
Me Made Annie Hall Trousers: New Look 6130
Shoes: Primark



Wednesday 15th- Work and blogging
Mum Made Cable Knit Cardigan! Check out her beautiful crafts at Marcia Lois on etsy
Me Made StripeTee (not seen): Self drafted Pattern
Me Made Spotty Chiffon Skirt: Self drafted pattern
Me Made Handbag: Self drafted pattern
Shoes: Bank
Scarf: Primark

Thursday 16th- Work and my first ever Sewing Club at Oxfam!
Me Made Dress: New Look 6068
Me Made Cardigan: Simplicity 2148
Me Made Handbag: Self drafted pattern

Friday 17th- Work and evening in with DVDs
Me Made Scarf: Self drafted pattern
Me Made Pink Skirt: Self drafted pattern
Me Made Coat: New Look 6153
Me Made Tee: Simplicity 2148
Me Made Handbag: Self drafted pattern
Shoes: Bank

Saturday 18th- Save Our NHS Demo and Eurovision Night!
Me Made Denim Dress: McCalls 6503
Me Made Cardigan: Simplicity 2148
Me Made Handbag: Self drafted pattern
Shoes: Primark

 Some photos of the Save Out NHS demo:





Amazing banner (which was double sided no less!) cross stitched by a woman on the march


Saturday 18th, Night Outfit for Eurovision!
I was dressed as France, can you spot the Eiffel Tour brooch on my hat? 
Me Made Eiffel Tour Earrings
Me Made Tee: Self drafted pattern
Me Made Sequin Skirt: Self drafted pattern
Belt: Primark
Beret: From actual Paris (oolala)

Sunday 19th- Sewing day with Clare and Cinema to see The Great Gatsby, yay!
Can you spot my 1920's dress, inspired by Midnight in Paris, a film which coincidentally features F Scott Fitzgerald. Yes, I dressed up for the cinema, even though we didn't go until 4pm. And what?
Me Made Dress: New Look 6141
Me Made Lace Jacket: New Look 6028
Shoes: Primark
Handbag: Next

Hope you had a good week three of MMM13! Check back soon for a Gatsby inspired 1920's handmade fashion and style post, complete with many, many pictures from the film I am sure. Thanks for reading!



Comments