Yarn bombing awesomeness: First Surbiton, then the World!

A few weeks ago I blogged about the random crochet on Surbiton roundabout


My chum recently informs me this is actually a form of street art known as Yarn Bombing. A quick search on Google Image and I am hooked! Just look at all these lovelies! I need to pick up my knitting needles once again... I find community art projects pretty inspiring, and love the idea of people coming together to make things look brighter and more cared for than before for everyone who passes by. I went to my first ever sewing group this week at Oxfam in Kingston and had a lovely time, fixing and customising unsaleable clothes for them to sell in the shop, what a fantastic idea! I am into this community, for sure :)
www.tribal-times.com 
reginaurbanecology.wordpress.com
www.woostercollective.com
www.telegraph.co.uk 
www.streetartutopia.com
thelastdoordownthehall.blogspot.com
www.wordswithwings.co.uk





Comments