Fascinator work in progress

Just a quick crafting update this grey, ever so slightly hungover Sunday. My friend Rae is attending a wedding next weekend and asked me to make her a fascinator to wear with her navy blue dress as she didn't like any of the ones or sale in town. She chose the colours mustard yellow and grey to coordinate, rather than match, with her navy dress which I think is a great idea as they all go together so well and matchy matchy can look a little too royal wedding-ish. I would like to mention I have never done anything like this before and so it is all experimental but I had lots of fun playing with different had sewing techniques and making little roses and rosettes with silk, net and tulle (much deliberation took place in Fabricland last week!)

Anyway I pottered around this afternoon and made a start, this is what I have done so far. I am going to send Rae the link to this post so she can check out the photo and let me know what she wants adding or taking away before the wedding, I am feeling excited to finish off my first fascinator project when she has given me her opinions! Hope you like x

Comments