Completed projects in Paris! Tweed pencil skirt and New Look 6110 review

Ooh la la! I have been all over the place this summer, most recently to Paris with my lovely mum. For the occasion I made myself two new items.
The first, this self drafted ponte roma tweed look pencil skirt. This may already claim the crown as my most complemented item of clothing bias Facebook anyway ;)
I love the stretchy ponte roma and will make another for work I think, maybe slightly less tight. Versatile and comfy, a winning combination. My fave fabricland has many such winter ponte romas in their winter collection, between £3.50 and £4 per metre.
The skirt in action on the seine!

The second was a simple pair of 'cigarette pants', again in ponte roma jersey but this time houndstooth, cute! Alas I have yet to take a proper snap of these bad boys so here is one taken when locked out of my house, staring at my knees:
Cute fabric no? And I cannot stress how comfy these trousers are! Stretch is clearly my friend where my backside is concerned. I will try to get a better photo soon. I used New Look 6110 and would highly recommend this pattern, it's so simple and has a great fit, all I had to adjust was narrowing the leg width slightly but that's just my little legs below my sizeable arse :)
Thanks for reading, get in touch to join the ponte roma fan club 2013 ;)


Comments