New Look 6567 Pattern Adaptation- Three Skater Dresses for AW13

Oh hello!
Me again, using the same pattern (again...) but I promise I have made some interesting adaptations to this trusty pattern this time and am feeling rather pleased with the winter friendly outcomes. I chose this pattern for it's lovely fit and comfy feel, and also its lovely flattering princess seams and sleeve variations. Here are some previous incarnations of New Look 6567:





Last week I blogged about my DIY lace skater dress made with the same trusty New Look 6567 pattern and these versions are created in very much the same way, using the bodice part of the pattern, cutting off at the natural waistline, adding a seam allowance and then cutting a circle skirt to attach. The main difference being these dresses are winter warmers with long sleeves and are made from my current favourite material to work with, cosy Ponte Roma Jersey.

Oh and one other thing, I also added a waistband to the tweedy looking grey dress. I would love to say this was intentional but it was actually because I forgot to allow for seam allowance when cutting the bodice...oops!

Anyway, without further ado, onto the dresses!
Firstly, delicious teal, always a favourite in the winter...
Trippy...
Miserable, front the front...

Proud of the fit in this photo :)

This is what a 360 degree skirt looks like :D
Secondly, a lovely warm purple, I think I'd call this an 'aubergine' 
Smiley Smiley 

Do you ever want to go back in time and fix your fringe?

Shorter skirt on this version, and slightly looser fit
Lastly, and probably favourite dress, a tweed effect Ponte Roma gives this dress a lovely 50s feel I think. And with red shoes I think this looks pretty

Action shot...

Red shoes make everything better.

Loosing the will to be photographed

Hair flicking
Thats all for today, I hope you like my cosy new winter frocks, I am really enjoying creating pieces with long sleeves and layering them under lovely coats and cardis on cold mornings, as I am a romantic at heart and a fool for the cold weather!

Thanks for reading and happy sewing! x




Comments