The Fancy Frugality Vintage Pattern Challenge! November: Style 4056 Fit n Flare Dress

So, item 2 in the Vintage Pattern Challenge and I managed to totally bypass October due to general craziness at work but Novembers make is this groovy baby Fit n Flare frock from the (now defunct?) pattern company Style. Although the envelope looks pretty tatty the pattern was near perfect inside and cut out beautifully, with all pieces intact and nicely pressed. I am pretty pleased with now this turned out. I altered the sizing as it was a (vintage) size 14 pattern but actually should have taken it in more as it still turned out too loose for my liking. Luckily it has a tie belt but I may take it in at a later stage anyway. 


I chose a navy Ponte Roma jersey from Fabric Land which was £4 per metre, and I think I bought about 1.5m, although due to the belatedness of this blog post I cant realllyy remember, oops...


What's what down there...?

I added this lacely poly trim to the neckline, which gives it a rather Scandinavian vibe, perhaps?

I tied my bow in a rather lazy way but tied properly I do love a cutesy bow at the back of a frock. The only weird thing about this pattern was the shoulder darts. I mean really, why these are in any way necessary I do not know.

Anyway that't me done for today. Appologies for the general lack of blog posts of late, life has been busy busy and I have been distracted by my new obsession, learning to crochet! So much so that my sewing machine has been feeling a little rejected. I have also been working on a top secret sewing project for my mum which can only be revealed post Christmas, so watch this space!

Thanks for reading and happy sewing x x

Comments