New Look 6068 and McCalls 6503- an adaptation for Spring 2014!

Yes, I have done this pattern to death and the tissue paper is disintegrating from over pinning, however, when it fits this well and is so easily adapted into so many different styles why the hell not :)


As you can see I changed the pattern almost unrecognisably from the original design, and included bits of one of my least favourite pattern, McCalls 6503, for the flounce along the bust. 



I also cut the long front and back panels at the waistline, added seam allowance and reattached them both to create a casing for some thin elastic through the middle. The finished look is rather sweet and simple and I am excited to wear this dress when the weather warms up!



This fabric is a designer cotton print from the John Lewis Sale and the dress used 1.5m of fabric, costing a total of £10. Very affordable and these cottons launder so beautifully I know this dress will look lovely for the next few summers.

Dodgy back view

Flounce detail




Close of up fabric on the back of the neck

Thanks for reading and happy sewing! x x x