Me made May- days 23-24

I can't believe May is nearly over, it has truly flown by this year and the reality of what my father always told me, that time goes faster the older you are, seems to be undeniable. But I suppose, so long as I keep having fun, it can't be all bad :)
This week marks half term and Friday was report writing inset, so to be fair it was a pretty tedious day...

Friday 23rd
Aforementioned, Friday I wrote reports. How people sit at a desk and type all day I really have no idea. Part of what I love about my job, besides the people I work with and the kids of course, is that I spend a very limited time staring at a screen. And when I do it's usually when I'm creating fun, colourful resources which my creative side secretly rather enjoys.
I watched the dreamy Leo in Catch Me if You Can to keep me sane and it did help. 

http://filmiclife.tumblr.com/post/24566004828


http://bourbonandpearls.tumblr.com/post/46350896876/filmchrist-catch-me-if-you-can

I treated myself to dungarees when I'd finished, I've been looking for so long I finally found a pair I like in H&M although had to buy a size 14 just to ensure a loose fit. Shopping in there never fails to make me feel I have gained about 3 dress sizes. Sigh. But they are cute! I hold to style them like this:

Topshop.com

Josh treated me to dinner out and after my tedious day I was extremely grateful! We went to Las Iguanas for some Brazilian food, the closest to World Cup fever I hope to get. 

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/_mobile/celebs/entertainment


I forgot to photograph my outfit thanks to the monotony of most of the day, but wore this outfit again:
Me Made pinafore New Look 6886 adaptation 
Me Made stripe tee McCalls 5470
Me Made mustard snood 
Clarks brogues 

Saturday 24th
Saturday I had a lovely long lie in and blogged from my bed, ahhh :) Nothing like a lazy lie in to kick off a half term holiday. I am working on a potentially massive project at the moment, creating bridesmaids dresses for my friends wedding, but nothing is set in stone yet, we are still weighing up the options.
However, this Saturday I made a start at the first stitch in the first trial run, recreating this lovely dress from Pinterest:

I'm using a New Look pattern (6723) and this took up much of Saturday afternoon! I'm a far more pedantic seamstress when sewing with someone else in mind.

Josh and I rounded up the day with a delicious dinner at Carluccios followed by drinks at our friends c&ns. Lovely Saturday night.
http://dessertlovernote.com/light-chocolate-cupcake/

I wore:
Me Made Salme 142 taupe skirt
Primark jumper
Topshop shoes
M&S handbag


That's all for today, thanks for reading and happy sewing! X o x o


Comments