Wardrobe Architect week 2- defining a core style

I've tried to do this before and its so hard!
I've found some images on Pinterest I think show my personal style fairly well. But it is pretty random, I don't know, have a look!




I guess the main words which come into my mind are: feminine, pink, blue, sheer, gold, comfy, collar, casual, lace, denim, chambray, stripes... Plaits! 

There are questions too, ooo...

When you are wearing your favorite clothing, how do you feel (e.g. confident, sexy, 
poised, powerful, etc)?
Definitely not sexy! I am not a sexy person. I like to feel feminine and girlie, but not frilly and fussy. I like to feel comfortable and effortless and that I am dressed appropriately for whatever I'm doing that day, especially if going from day to night. I like to feel a little bit different to whoever is around me. I'd like to feel French but that's really not going to happen!

When you’re wearing something that is not quite right, how do you feel? What are the feelings you want to avoid about the clothes you wear?
Awkward! Frilly, fussy, too try hard... Anything too revealing makes me stand awkwardly (unless intoxicated...)

Who do you consider to be your style icons? What is it about them that appeals to you?
Alexa Chung. She always look so pulled together and pretty without being overdone. I remember seeing her modelling in my Elle girl magazine (my absolute fave growing up) and thinking she was so beautiful, probably nearly 10 years ago now. She looks very London, which I like, as a proud Londoner myself :) I have definitely bought little denim pinafore purely because I saw Alexa wearing one just like it. It looks nowhere near as good on me but I love it just the same :)

What are some words that describe styles that you like in theory, but are not quite you? 
French, for obvious reasons.

Look over your answers from last week on history, philosophy, culture, community, activities, location, and body. List at least 15 words that you associate with your answers. Think about descriptive words, moods, and feelings you associate with these things:
Tradition, heritage, Handmade, vintage, feminine, floral, sheer, nostalgic, relaxed, comfortable, appropriate, Stripes, Collars, Denim and chambre, Lace, Buttons, waists, simplicity 

( that's more than 15...)

Look over the answers to all of the questions above. If you had to narrow your list to only 3-5 words to describe you, which words would you choose?
Eeekk that's hard.

Feminine, comfortable, casual, appropriate, French- wannabe!

That's all for this week,  thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o 

Comments