Me Made May 2014 overview

May is over for another year!
Here's what I wore, what I made and what I learnt:

I wore...
5 different Me Made tops

3 different me made skirts

12 different me made dresses (including one jumpsuit!)

 One knitted snood


And one lonely Me Made cardigan!

This month I made:
Green polka dot dress; a hybrid between Lisete Simplicity 1419 and Salme 142
White pointe dress; Vogue 8685 adapted
Taupe circle skirt; Salme 142
Floral symmetrical dress: Lisette Simplicity 1419

I also nearly finished my Pinterest knock off dress:


Most worn item:
My new Salme 142 taupe circle skirt, without a doubt my new favourite basic!

Favourite outfits:
Cause I just love taupe and white.... 

Least favourite outfit:
Only one this year, woohoo! Thank you Wardrobe Architect
I just don't like the shininess of this dress, works in the winter but really doesn't in the summer.


Most liked/repinned:
Thanks Lisette!

I have learnt: 
That I love blue, cream and taupe more than I realised
That sometimes it's ok to sew with plain fabric, infact I'll probably wear it more!
The power of basic skirts- new love <3
How much I love Salme 142, the flared mini skirt pdf pattern which can be used and adapted to fit onto dresses and give such a flattering silhouette.
That, once again, I do not really need to sew new dresses, but probably will anyway.
That unlike last year I like mixing in small bits of RTW into my me made wardrobe to make it more practical and give me a wider range of options, for example I love sheer shirts but you would not catch me sewing one in a million years when I can buy one at a reasonable price and making one myself may cause me to give up on sewing altogether.
Most of all, that I love wearing my own designs and really really want other people to wear them to! I have been researching dressmakers and began thinking about how I might start a little side line in bespoke, made to measure summer dresses during my 5 weeks off in the summer. Watch this space...

I think that's it for now, if anything else occurs to me I will return to this page later and amend. 
I hope you have enjoyed MMMay14 as much as I have this year, I have loved looking at the amazing work on Pinterest and discovering so many awesome new blogs (always the highlight of me made May for me!)
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o

Comments