The just-a-peek sheer panel skirt- Simplicity 2215

I saw this picture of a beautiful summer skirt on Pinterest (obvs...) and instantly became (slightly) obsessed with recreating it. 

http://www.walkinwonderland.com


I chose to use Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity 2215 for the pattern of the skirt. I then cut out a chunk a few inches above the hemline and replaced it with some sheer chiffon type stuff (some assorted polyester). For the skirt I used poly moss crepe in black. 

Sadly my legs do not look like those in the inspo photo...



My and my pal Z went exploring at Ham House in Ham last Sunday and she took these pics for me. It's a beautiful old National Trust property on the river, not far from Richmond, where it was gloriously cool inside on the scorching hot day. Plus, so many fun photo ops!






That's it for my fancy pants new skirt and my lovely day out.
Thanks for reading and happy Pinterest-inspired sewing! X o x o

Comments