Handmade fair with Kirstie Allsopp!

Omgee best weekend ever!
My lovely Zinny and I went for an amazing day trip to Kirstie Allsopp's handmade fair at Hampton Court Palace and it was a handmade dream. Stalls full of beautiful trimmings, fabrics and yarns, classes to attend, shows to watch, vintage tea rooms and champagne to enjoy and many familiar crafting faces to spot. It was an amazing day out, I think my favourite purchase was my handmade dinosaur necklace from Designosaur, look them up on etsy they are amazing! I will definitely be treating myself to some more of their jewellery somewhere along the line.


It was my favourite Sunday for sometime, I can't wait to go again next year! Here are some highlights in photos:


I think my favourite things from the day were the world pompom record attempt 'world pomination', listening to the lovely vintage singers and drinking champagne on the lawn in the large September sunshine, just lovely! Oh, and SEEING KIRSTIE ALLSOPP of course, donning a beautiful floral crown, naturally.

I wore my new favourite top, my new Mimi blouse from Tilly's Love at first stitch, with my polka dot Salme 142.


I indulged in a little shopping while there, and also made some lovely pink pom-poms and a paper garland at the workshops.


I adore my new pompom makers. I've already made about 20, three have turned into a necklace and three more into this subtle headband, in homage to one my mother made for me as a child.


That's all for today, if you get the chance to visit the desire next year I urge you to do so, it really was a lovely way to spend the day. Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o x


Comments