Cosy tartan brushed cotton Simplicity 2444

I started this project about a month ago and let it sit, untouched and zip-less, until yesterday when I finished the zip and hem and excitedly wore it today for a lovely outing to Home Park with BF. It was a lovely cold walk and I had to be very brave to take my coat off for the photos, which look very bleak and atmospheric, I kind of love it! Home Park, if you haven't been and happen to live in South West London, is brilliant and different in every season, but always beautiful.

I used Simplicity 2444, having had it recommended by lots of people and I did really like it. I especially like the diagonal darts on the bodice front. I think they really looked interesting with the lines of the tartan. The fit was actually really good without any alterations, which makes a change! As always o shortened it a lot which saved on fabric. I made a UK 8 and the fit it a little loose but comfy to layer over a polo neck, like I did when bracing the cold today.



I bought the cost tartan brushed cotton from Fabric Land. I used 1.5m, costing £3.99 per metre. After buying the zip and cotton this project came in at £8- win! 
 



That's it for today, hope you like my moody and grey photography and super cosy tartan frock.
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o

On a closing note, lol at these panties I found in Topshop today! <3 Gizmo


Comments