Simplicity 1370 Paisley Pompom Shorts with Pockets!

A quick project update. I braved the cold today and bust these bad-boys for a trip to Goldhawk road to buy fabric for the bridesmaids dresses I am about to embark on (exciting!) and have a lovely Thai lunch with bf and his friend on Gloucester Road. 

This stash busting project used up some black paisley cotton I bought from Fabric Land last summer, for a project I cannot recall. Last summer there was a big trend for pompom shorties, and I did add pom-poms to a basic pair of primark shorts, but let's be honest these totes DIY shorts are much smarter and more stylish (in my humble opinion!)

Here is the inspo:


And here are my version!

I chose to use simplicity 1370 and the fit really was perfect. All I had to do was, shocker, shorten them by about 3 inches and they were good to go. A very simple and easy pattern to follow, I really would recommend them for anyone wanting to make fit and flare simple short for summer, who doesn't want an unsightly elasticated waistband getting in the way of a smooth line.


I really am pleased with how these came out, today I styled them with my fave little trusty black polo neck I've been wearing every day for the past 4 months beneath pretty much every outfit I've worn. 

That's all for today, give this lovely pattern a crack for spring summer 2015 if you're after a cute new pair of shorts. I can't wait to style them with a little tight black vest top and sandals! 
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o




 

Comments