My Lilou Dress- Love at First Stitch

Another spring sew, my first Lilou dress from Tilly's beautiful book Love at First Stitich, which had its first outing weekend before last when my mum came down to London for the day. 

It's actually proving to be a really good 'transitional' sew, and is nice layered with tees, polo necks or shirts for these last lingering colder days. 

Property of www.tillyandthebuttons.com 

I chose a lovely heavy weight spotty cotton from Fabric Land, which was an absolute dream to sew with and very affordable at about £4 per metre. They have a new range of heavy printed cottons in there which Inalso used to make my mum some tea towels for her birthday (she got other gifts too, promise).

Tea towels:

Anyway, I really like the shape of this pattern and the fit overall it pretty true to the measurements stated. I really like the shape of the neckline and find it to be very flattering, and good for showing off necklaces. The only weird thing is the armholes came out kind of tiny. Luckily I have weedy arms, but if you don't then bare that in kind when working with this pattern.

Here is the dress in action on a windy day in Trafalgar Square. My bad ass tyrannosaurus necklace is from Designosaur- check them out they are incredible! https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/designosaurYEAH


And hanging out with two of my other spring makes-


My mum and I had a lovely say as we always do together, enjoying a Lebanese lunch in Kensington, fabric shopping on the Goldhawk Road, a visit to the Crypt Gallery, Seven Dials and a potters out Traffalgar Square, phew!

I made mum's hat for Christmas! 




That's all for today, as ever loving Tilly's lovely book Love at First Stitch, having also made the Mimi blouse I can say this is hopefully going to be just as useful an addition to my wardrobe. 

Thanks for reading and happy sewing! X o x o

PS. how devine is this version of the Lilou! Sigh.

Property of www.tillyandthebuttons.com

Comments