New Look 6224- Blue Bird Dress

So, New Look 6224!
I am not entirely sure why I bough this pattern as the envelope is pretty uninspiring. Perhaps it was in the bargain £2.95 sale.

However, now I've made it up in my achingly cheap brown birdie poly crepe (this dress cost me less than a fiver, win!) I am actually rather pleased with it. I especially like the lovely neckline as it's quite unusual and flattering. I chose to finish the neckline with shop bought bias binding in blue to match the little blue birds. I swapped the skirt for my Salme 142 as I didn't have enough fabric, and in any case I wouldn't want it as long as the 6224 is intended to be.
Overall this pattern was super simple to construct and although I am not entirely keen on the way the front darts sit I can look past this as I really like the overall look of the finished dress. I can't wait for some warm weather so I can actually start wearing it!


This photo I took by accident walking towards the camera, how furious do I look!?! Lol


That's all for today, thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o

Comments