William Morris Inspired Jumper Dress

I found this badass fabric on the Goldhawk Road a little while ago. This is technically a winter make but I forgot to post it during actual winter, so here is it now.
I used Burda 6848 and adapted it by drafting my own little polo neck collar. I think it looks quite cute and I've always been a fan of William Morris, and this print is heavily inspired by the Strawberry Thief. 

I adore the Strawberry Thief print and at primary school in year 2 i vividly remember winning a competition in my class for writing the best Strawberry Thief inspired story (complete with original illustrations!). The prize was to have your book made up (using a computer, oooo '96!) in three different scales, one regular a4, one dolls size and one tiny one dolls house size. We also made our own tiles inspired by Morris, which could be placed together and create a repeat pattern than fitted together. An odd but vivid memory, so to find such a print in a warm stretch jersey was so surprising and unexpected and bought back such lovely memories I really just couldn't leave it there in the shop, and the man so so lovely he even gave me some spotty jersey as a free gift! I am such a sucker for nostalgia.




That's all for today, thanks for reading and happy sewing!
X o x o




Comments