McCall's 7080- the Pink Elephants on Hot Air Balloons Dress!

This fabric is bonkers and I love it. Found for a bargain price of £6 per meter in John Lewis this fabric was calling out to be made into a beautiful spring dress. I chose the new McCall's 7080 as I love the mock tuck on the waistline. There are lots of dresses around like that at the moment and I love the loose casual look, perfect for lazy summer days or even with skinny jeans as a tunic when it's cooler. Often they are called 'overlay' dresses, for some reason... I guess people aren't sure what to call them!
Inspo time...
These are all topshop:



I also love these lovely little diy frocks from Pinterest:

Here is the pattern sketch of the view I made. I didn't have enough fabric so had to shorten the skirt, but it actually like it this length and would shorten it again if I made another.


http://mccallpattern.mccall.com

The pattern sewed up so easily, and had the added bonus of no zips!
Here I am on Wimbledon common with the bf busting my new frock. I'm really pleased. I look forward to wearing this number throughout the hot weather! When it arrives...




Wimbledon common is awesome FYI, it even has a bloody windmill!


That's all for today. Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o






Comments