The Big Apple Coat: Simplicity 1759



Despite the disastrous pattern envelope styling, I decided to give this pattern a whirl. I haven't made a coat in a few years and this is intended to be my bright red Big Apple Coat, sewn for spring time in New York.


I am actually really pleased with how it came together and the pattern was extremely easy to sew. I made some adjustments, cutting a 8 the top and grading out to a 12 over the hips, because I am disproportioned! This was easy enough to do at the side and front seams and meant the coat is actually able to do up all the way down woohoo!
I was inspired by this Boden coat I found on Pinterest:
Boden.co.uk

Now I love Boden but sadly a young teachers salery just doesn't quite cut it. So I spent £30 on lovely red wool and lining and big brown buttons and got stitching. 




That's all for today. I hope you like my new spring coat and would recommend this pattern if you are an advanced beginner sewer looking for the challenge of a first coat!
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o 




Comments