Dip Dye DIY Dress



Having dip dyed my own hair, it was only a matter of time until my clothes followed suit. The ombre-inspo:




Molliemakes.com




Southboundbride.com




burnettsboards.com




Freepeople.com




Stylemepretty.com




Thegiftsoflife.tumblr.com

For my dip dye I used Dylon Ocean Blue just mixed up in a bucket of water with loads of salt.
I decided to make my dress in linen-look cotton (it has to be natural fibres to really take the dye) and I decided to cut out the skirt pieces and dip dye them first before assembling the garment.




I roughly followed the below guide for how long to hold in each section of the fabric. You get a slightly achey arm but it's worth it! 





Buzzfeed.com

I attached my fabric to a clip coat hanger to ensure fairly even distribution of the dye









And here is the finished garment! I used Lisette for Simplicity 1419, a lovely simple sew:






I may be hooked on dip dying now, the world/Dylon is my oyster!

That's all for today, thanks for reading and happy dip dying! X o x o

My next project!?!





Truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com





Comments