Me Made May Days 5-8


An entirely exhausting week, but it's now Saturday morning and thankfully all over now and I can rest and blog my worries away :)

Day 5
I rather ambitiously or stupidly wore a very springlike outfit on Tuesday, our first day back at work after a mild bank holiday Monday. I felt very pretty however in my blue Tilly and the Buttons Mimi blouse, with my Tatty Devine lucky necklace, Primark spotty trousers and shiny sandals. I also wore my me made yellow scarf to keep the cold out, brrrr!
I spent my evening stitching an election dress for my beautiful friend C, but more on that later!

Day 6
From cool to bloody freezing Wednesday I dressed like it was November in and entirely me made outfit. My patterned jumper is Burda 6820, my skirt is Salme 142, my coat is New Look 6153 and my scarf I knit myself from chunky Rowan yarn. My boots are Clarks and my little silk scarf is vintage Liberty. Please ignore the glasses. I occasionally have a funky eye, and this was a tired day.
In the evening I saw C and gave her her election dress, a completed McCalls 7080 which she looked beautiful as always in. I will do a separate blogpost about it soon, but here's a little preview:

Day 7- On Thursdays We Wear Green
Polling day for the UK began of course by voting at an ungodly hour for my green girl C to represent Kingston and Surbiton. I wore, naturally, my green Lisette Simplicity 2246 with my Tatty Devine lucky necklace and pink suade clarks wedges. I also wore my Simplicity 1759 red coat and handmade yellow scarf but failed to photograph these.



I have been helping out C with her campaign as often as I could. Leafleting for the greens is truly a nostalgic experience for me!

In the evening I hung out with the bf in matching pjs. Obvs.

Day 8
Friday could not come soon enough this week and with various family matters ensuring maximum stress levels along with a shockingly shit election result I was very much looking forward to this week being over. To cheer up this bleakest of Fridays I wore another Lisette for Simplicity pattern, this time 1419 in a horsey print with my Tatty Devine huge sequin necklace. As the children at work told me 'it's so shiny!'

Friday night I cooked a garlicky feast and spent some time with the bf. We watched Americna Horror story which was pretty horrific. But then I discovered Seamwork magazine and the whole world seemed slightly brighter once more. I am truly fed up of sewing magazines featuring so many stuffed animals and crocheted fried eggs and this seems like a refreshing alternative from Colette patterns.
Check them out here:  https://www.seamworkmag.com


That's all for now. I am going to console myself that we have a Tory majority government with chocolate, friends and sewing. X o x o






Comments