Safari Dress- Lisette Traveler Dress 2246


This summer I will be traveling to Lisbon with my lovely mummy. So what better dress to pack than the Lisette Traveler! 
I have used this pattern before to make three dresses for this summer following the exciting discovery that my new sewing machine actually creates button holes in a mer one step. In fact this is my most used pattern of the summer. However up until this point I had only made view C with it's gathered skirt due to my pear shaped nature, and never been brave enough to go for view A. So I bought some inexpensive white cotton from Fabric Land totalling £6 and a handful of lovely brown buttons and got crafty with it.
Previous Traveler dresses in full selfie-action.

 


 My safari inspiration comes from YSL, Veruschka and other 60s style icons. Groovy.





I decided to bypass the laced up front on these dresses and instead go for buttons, ever the traditionalist.
The pattern amazingly turned out perfectly. I made a size 8 and graded out to a 10 on the hips which was somewhat hopeful but the snug fit across the hips is inkeeping with the design. It was actually a very easy and reasonably quick sew with the only fiddly bits being of course pressing out, attaching and top stitching the button bands and aligning the many buttons and buttons holes. My only complaint about this lovely pattern is that the collar is all in one piece and I prefer a separate collar stand as it gives a smarter look. 

I decided to style my Traveler with a little belt to give it a bit more shape as without a belt a white shirt dress looks like you are heading into some sort of lab. I wore this dress to work and it was tres practical except for when a child decided to draw a huge black line across the back of it with dry wipe marker. To be fair wearing white when working with small children I only had myself to blame, and luckily it all came out in the wash.

 

That's all for today. Hope you like my Traveler dress and are planning some lovely travels of your own this summer! I love sewing with a holiday in mind.
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o


 

 



 

 

Comments