Simplicity Lisette 1419- Gingham and Atmospheric Skies

 
I love gingham. As I have mentioned previously it reminds me of primary school days, when donning my blue and white gingham summer dress with matching socks signaled the beginning of summer. This dress was inspired by such nostalgia but also by modern day style icons like Alexa Chung. It's love ❤️

Source 
 
Source

 


 I have used this pattern before with pretty good results. This is a simple pattern but it stands out for it's fantastic fit.

The only modifications I made were lining the entire dress because my gingham was the cheap, poly cotton variety I found in my stash and it needed some extra weight to hang nicely and coincidentally to protect my modesty/pants. I also redrafted the collar to make it pointy because I have had enough Peter Pan collars for one lifetime.

Here I am on a moody, wet and warm September afternoon on a long walk with the boyfriend. That sky though!




 
 

That's all for today. I hope you are enjoying the last of the summer sunshine. I am excitedly stitching and planning my new autumn pieces whilst rekindling my love for jewel tones and velvet. Watch this space! Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o

Comments