New Look 6346 Faux Suede Button Down Mini

I have been coveting this garment for some time now, probably since the beginning of summer where bloggers filled the internet with pretty pictures of them donning a suede mini with and off the shoulder too and lovely subtle highlights. But I did not want to wear real suede so decided to make my own faux suade version. I learnt lots working on this project and my most favourite skill I developed was inserting metal popper studs using a hammer. I did this the professional way on the floor in my dressing gown but I do think the look is rather smart overall. Not too 'homemade'.

My inspo for this project:

I decided to use this new New Look pattern 6346 and it was lovely to work with. I am pretty fond of New Look patterns as they are simple, basic pieces which sew up professionally and are very inexpensive, particularly when on half price sale 👍
My only complaint is that it comes up massive and I had to take it in by about 3.5 inches at the centre back seam, so do size down if you are considering this pattern. 



Buy it here: http://www.simplicitynewlook.com/6346/
 
The popper studs I used were from Prym and I chose the gold colour.
And here is my finished skirt! 
I wore it on a day trip to Ealing to see my lovely cousin in her new house. Hope you like!



 


I styled it with my H&M lace up striped top and H&M cropped denim jacket. 





Community art in Walpole Park:



That's all for today. I hope you like my skirt as much as I do and I would recommend this pattern to anyone wishing to sew an on trend button down mini skirt, or even midi skirt as this pattern has both options. I am planning a denim version next! 
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o
 
 
 
 

Comments