Cosy Christmas DIY Outfits- Mini Look Book

In case you missed it, Christmas is coming y'all!
In a mer three days Christmas will be upon us and by the end of the day I will be in need of eleasticated waist trousers. But until that point I like to look as festive as possible and I thought I'd do a 'little look book' sharing with you some of my cosy, DIY Christmas outfits.

Look 1: Pinny Poser 

My first festive look is what I wore today for finishing off my Christmas shopping and pottering around in beautiful Richmond. Last month I blogged a tutorial for making this pinny using the skirt pattern Salme 142 as the base. I bought the needle cord from Fabric LandHere I've paired it with a cosy brushed cotton men's shirt from H&M and old boots from Clarks, similar here. I picked this shirt up when attempting Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago. This is always the problem with Christmas shopping as I invariably find something I want to pick up for myself.


Look 2: Pretty in Pudding

I bought this Christmas jumper for the first 'Christmas jumper day' a couple of years ago and keep cracking it out year after year. I love that it has white pom-poms all over it for added whimsy, sigh. I bought my jumper from New Look years ago, similar here. Here I've matched it with the super simple self drafted velvet skirt I blogged about recently for added cosines, fabric from Fabric Land. I forgot to put shoes on for this picture but I would probably wear boots or red Mary Janes to complete this outfit.



 Look 3: Swirly Snowman Skirt 

This next outfit is without a doubt the most ridiculous. I decided that a Christmas jumper just wasn't enough for my first Christmas Day with my lovely bf, and so the snowman skirt was born. Using Salme 142 (again) I turned 1meter of jolly snowman and bunny cotton into a little circle skirt. The kids loved it at work. For added 'cosiness' I added a bright red H&M jumper. The white shirt is from Primark and came with the black bow so I can channel the KFC colonel. The charming skirt fabric is from John Lewis (similar here) and wasn't cheap but I decided as I only needed one meter it was worth getting the nicest one there so I could wear it year after year for eternal silliness. I've styled my jumper with Topshop shoes from years ago, similar here. 






 Look 4: Groovy Christmas 70s style
 
This faux suede skirt I made in the autumn has quickly become one of my favourite wardrobe staples, being pulled from my wardrobe at least once a week since I made it. Although suede mini skirts are not technically festive looking garments I thought when paired with this jumper from H&M (similar here) the overall look was pretty festive and inkeeping with the current 70s trend. I matched it with my current favourite necklace from Anthropologie.  To make the skirt I used New Look 6346 and the faux suede is from Fabric Land and comes in a wide range of colours. 

 
Look 5: Tartan-tastic!

I couldn't do a festive look book without my favourite Christmas dress made entirely of cosy brushed cotton from Fabric Land. I used Simplicity 2444 and the diagonal waist darts really work well with the checks of the tartan. Read more about this particular dress making project here. 




 
That's all for my cosy festive look book!  I hope you got some ideas for items to sew or perhaps saw a new way to work your handmade items with some festive pieces this holiday. Tune in tomorrow for a New Year's Eve inspired, glamorous party look book, photographed at the same time as this one! Thumbs up for time efficiency :) 
Thanks for reading and happy Christmas! x o x o

 

Comments