The Knitting and Stitching Show 2016



 

Hello! I am writing in high spirits having had a wonderful day at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia. 
Having gotten over the initial dizzying thrill of arriving in a venue so enormous and full of sewing supplies I began investigating the enormous range of stalls that filled the two halls which made up the show. I love talking to the other sewists and stall holders as I don't have many fellow stitching friends, other than my wonderful mum, with whom to share my fabric and pattern thrills with. So this was indeed a treat.

I discovered many gems, my favourite stalls were probably the Tilly and the Buttons stall which was gorgeously stylish, the Sew Over It stall where I finally got my hands on the ultimate trouser pattern (yay!) and some lovely stretch cotton to make them a reality, Hannah Bass's divine map tapestries and a fabric stall called Simply Fabrics where I found there beautiful fabrics at incredible prices.

Some snaps from the day:



Sew La Di Da Vintage http://sewladidavintage



I set myself a budget of £100 and actually managed to stick to it hoorah! This may sound like a lot of money but it is my birthday in two weeks and I decided this would be my present to myself. Also, this sort of even happens so rarely and it is such a joy to see so many new and exciting things while supporting small businesses. As always at these shows there are so many things which take your fancy it can be difficult to narrow it down but thanks to the Wardrobe Architect Project I now have a much clearer picture of what I like, what I actually wear and what I look good in and this really helped me to choose wisely.

Firstly, this lovely Bettine dress pattern from Tilly and the Buttons (who was so lovely to talk to!) It was hard to narrow it down to one pattern on this stall but this just looks so comfy and wearable I am excited to give it a go. http://tillyandthebuttons.com


I also got a cute tote bag from Tilly which may well become my handbag come summer.


Next I finally got the Ultimate Trousers pattern from Sew Over It and I am so excited to have a go with this one and perhaps finally get a pair of trousers which fit me well. I'm going to take their advice on lengthening the waist to make a cool high waisted pair and may even add on a waistband, time will tell! http://sewoverit.co.uk
 

From the Sew Over It stall I also picked up this thick stretch cotton to make my ultimate trousers in, exciting! I think it was £12 which is quite a lot but form trousers I feel you need a high quality fabric that will stand up to being stretched repeatedly.  


 
Next three fabrics from Simply Fabrics, two embroidered cotton blends and one super soft linen. The enbroidered fabrics were £6 per meter and the printed linen was £8. http://simplyfabrics.org.uk





This yellow fabric I found at a stall whose name I couldn't see. It was on the floor for a bargain £4.90 per meter, so I picked it up for my bettine dress as I thought it would look rather cute for summer. 


The McCalls pattern company were also there and I picked up these two patterns for £4.50 each which I thought was a real bargain. I think they are out of print?
 


I also bought four spools of thread, woah nelly!


Lastly, it wouldn't be a trip to a stitching show without buying a bag of 3 magazines for £3! Again I like this canvas bag and may well be cracking it out in the warm weather.
 



 
 That's all for today, I've had such a lovely day meeting people and browsing beautiful things, I will be going to the next Knitting and Stitching show in the autumn with my lovely mum and can't wait! Did you visit the show this weekend? If so what did you make of it? And what do you think I should make with my beautiful fabrics!? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o


 

Comments