Floral Wild West dress- Dressmaking project, self drafted pattern

I rarely draft my own patterns, but I really wanted to try out shirring elastic for the first time and couldn't find a pattern I liked. This one has a gathered bodice, a simple gathered skirt and the back bodice is entirely sheered using a sewing machine and shirring elastic (so no zips, my favourite thing to avoid...)


I added some lace to the bodice edge to add some extra prettyness.


 Quite why this dress reminds me of the Wild West I'm not sure, but I love it anyway, and the bargain floral Fabricland fabric :)

Comments

  1. Wow, I really love this dress! Well done!!! Did you use vintage fabric?
    I love making dresses too. Check out my blog: couturebykatie.blogspot.co.uk. Maybe we can swap patterns sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's really sweet of you!
      Unfortunately I don't have the pattern for this one as I sort of made it up as I went along, sorry! What sort of things do you most like making?
      x

      Delete
    2. And the fabric is from fabricland, sadly not a vintage one this time!

      Delete

Post a Comment