Midnight in Paris dress- Dressmaking project

I am in love with Woody Allen. Mainly early stuff, 70'a/80's, Annie Hall, Hannah and her Sisters, Manhattan, but I like his newer films too. I was sceptical about Owen Wilson's lead role but was pleasantly surprised by this lovely film, time travel is a firm favourite of mine!
The 1920's styling made the film hard to take your eyes off and I quickly fell in love with this beautiful dress Marion Cottilard wore while strolling down the Seine. I had never remade a dress from a film but decided this was to be my challenge.

This is the pattern I chose, I am pretty into New Look patterns as they are so affordable. They also come up large and make me feel small, never a bad thing :)

And Tadah! The finished frock in all its glory. The pattern was lovely to work with and I would definitely  recommend it to anyone wanting to create a 1920's style dropped waist dress. Easy to follow instructions too.
The only downside to this dress was I chose to make it in white chiffon, which wriggled around horrible and had to be steamed within an inch of its life in order to behave itself. Never the less, I am pleased. The question remains, which film costume to replicate next...?


Comments