One pattern, four dresses! New Look 6068: Part Four- the finale!


One pattern, four dresses! New Look 6068: Part Four

This autumn I bought 4 different fabrics in the John Lewis sale, in a variety of autumnal colours. I made a set of four little dresses using my New Look 6068 pattern to wear to both work and play all autumn and winter long. It was fun and I felt like a fashion designer as with the similar shapes/features and colour pallet it sort of felt like as close to creating a 'collection' as I am ever likely to get!
You can see the other dresses here: Dress OneDress TwoDress Three

This crazy, bright orange Amy Butler print dress needed no frills, pockets and collars! The vibrant print speaks loudly for itself and just needed a touch of elastic around the waist to add an extra dash of detail and change the shape slightly from the other four dresses. However, the cut A-line skirt remains intact and the collar and sleeves are bound in orange bias binding. A close up of the neck below shows the pretty wooden button on the neckline. 
Although intended to be autumnal dresses, this one, completed in August, just could not wait. See below for me wearing the dress to Notting Hill Carnival 2012. And so although this is a great Autumn frock, it can, and has, been easily adapted for the summer as well.


I really hope this was an interesting series of posts. I enjoyed putting them together and hope someone, somewhere gives this versatile pattern a  try, I love it, clearly! 
Let me know which dress was your favourite, I would love to know.
Or, if you have tried this pattern too, that would also be awesome to see!


Comments