Pattern wish list: April/May 2013

Three patterns are currently on the list. The first is New look 6028 because I have always loved the little Chanel style tweed jackets and really want to have a go at making my own. I have seen lots of girls sporting these recently in our warm-ish spring weather and I think it would be perfect for trans-seasonal type styling.

And some inspo...



Second on the wish list is New Look 6073 after watching too much SATC and falling in love with Carrie's nurse cape. I'm thinking of making this in a lightweight wool in a pale colour so again it can be worn trans-seasonal, in the spring now but also later in the year in autumn and winter. I will probably make view D as I want it to be short and swingy.


Image property of HBO


Lastly, and kinda randomly perhaps, I want to make a plaid shirt. Simple, loose and sweet, Butterick B5218 looks like it may just fit the bill, and they are on half price sale right now, even better! I want a plaid that is light weight for spring summer and if I wear it a lot I will consider making a fleecy one for autumn winter when the time comes as well.





Comments