Paris-inspired monochrome outfit: Simplicity 1693 and McCall's 6725

Having spent time in Paris this summer with my mum, I have a new respect for the colour black. 
Chic, sophisticated and slimming, I usually overlook this shade and opt for brights and patterns but decided that with a return to school in September some smart basics may be useful.
First off Simplicity 1693, a sheer black blouse with a white viscose collar. I adapted the pattern slightly by making the collar pointy as opposed to a curved Peter Pan collar and used sleeve for view A with the bodice for view D. I really like this pattern as, thanks to all the different pattern pieces, it gives you lots of different interesting options and I have made a couple of different versions previously, which you can see here and here.
McCall's 6725

Secondly, McCall's 6725, a 'hi-lo' skirt popular this summer. I chose to use a black jersey. I adapted this pattern by simply shortening it ALOT, as it was way, way too long. This was a super easy pattern I would recommend to any beginners, thanks to its simple elasticated waist and is made with only two pattern pieces, front and back.


A rather poor photo of the blouse, but you get the sheer-ness


That's it for today, hope you like my new 'Parisian' inspired outfit, thanks for reading :) x



Comments