OWOP 2014- a fancy, frugality summary!

Phew, possibly one of the busiest weeks of late. Starting my first week in reception with home visits and by Friday all 30 little dears were in- I slept well Friday night for sure! Even though this is my fourth year at the school it almost feels like a new job as everything in different in the early years. But so far I'm enjoying it lots and everyone I work with is so supportive and lovely, I feel very lucky indeed!

But on to the sewing, I chose Salme 142 for my one week one pattern challenge:

Without further ado, onto the outfits, in chronological order:







I really enjoyed this challenge although must admit that by Friday I was desperate to wear a dress and make a change! But nevertheless, it has taught me a few key things about my sewing habits and what I need to sew next to enhance my handmade wardrobe and minimise shop bought purchases.

1. I need to either wear fewer striped tees, or make more of them!
2. I LOVE red, navy, pink, white, stripes and spots! And need to sew more with said colours and patterns
3. I am obsessive when I own new shoes- why wear any others?!?
4. I need to find a new pose for pictures... Totes awks selfies :(
5. I really want to make some blouses, and I have my eye on Tilly's 'Mimi' blouse from her lovely book.

That's all for today, how did the OWOP challenge go for you? I've loved looking through the tag on Instagram!
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o








Comments