Two Classic DIY Skirts for Summer


I adore skirts. They are so versatile and allow so many different options and combinations and I particularly love wearing them with my white shirt, black vests and off the shoulder tops for summer.
My first sew was inspired by the unbelievably lovely Emma Watson, seen here in a beautiful and classic grey maxi skirt with white shirt. It's so simple and I just adore the whole look. 


I decided to use Simplicity 1368 as I really liked the slimline jersey maxi shape with the split in the front. In the picture the elasticated waistband didn't look too upsetting. However in reality this was simply not the case and it looked bulky and ugly. So I removed the elastic, trimmed down the waist and added a separate tight fitting elastic waistband with darts at the front and back. I used this tutorial for the elastic waistband and it was fab.


The finished skirt looks like this


The second skirt was inspired by this pic from Pinterest. I love a circle skirt but feel I am a little past the mini variety so decided to go for a midi length using lovely off white viscose. I used the classic Salme 142 pattern which I have used lots of times but lengthened it by about 10 inches. I wore this skirt every other day for work throughout the warm weather at the end of term so feel I definitely got my monies worth with this one. 

 


My finished white skirt: 

That's all for today. Hope you like my pretty skirts, have you been stitching summer skirts lately? I'd love to see and hear about them!
Thanks for reading and happy sewing x o x o

 



 

Comments